Gallery Group are excited to be developing this special site in Surf Parade. Close to the Broadbeach centre of activity and a short walk to Jewel retail centre, CHALK is proposed to be a 35 level residential only tower containing 102 oversized 2 & 3 bedroom apartments along with 8 palatial sky homes.
- 35 storey residential tower
- 102 over-sized contemporary apartments
- 17 x 2 bedroom apartments starting at 120m2 + , 77 x oversized 3 bedroom apartments from 205m2 to 300m2 plus car accommodation and 8 amazing sky-homes up to 465m2 plus car accommodation
- Consists of 2 to 4 units per floor with ample outdoor balcony space for each unit
- Café on ground level with outdoor dining, bike storage, surf-board storage and dedicated ‘dog wash’ area
- Residents will have exclusive & direct access to over 1,650m2 of communal open space amenity including:
- a swimming pool, spa, teppanyaki bar, fire pit, steam room, gym and yoga area on level 4;
- Full roof top residents’ space with communal meeting rooms, business centre including ‘Zoom Rooms’, multiple residents’ lounges, private dining room, all with unimpeded 360-degree views
- Ample resident car parking with additional bicycle and storage facilities dedicated to each apartment.
The site on Surf Parade consists of 5 homes which had been acquired and held by George and Jim Costi for decades. Over several years, the Costi’s have received and rejected multiple offers to purchase this prime beach side site, but they only really felt comfortable selling to a local developer with a vision to providing world class accommodation for local residents.
Gallery Group reached an agreement with the Costi’s in early 2021, recognising the strength in the greater Gold Coast market and having confidence in prospective purchasers’ desire for the local Broadbeach apartment lifestyle. The mix and design of the apartments takes full advantage of the site and in particular the amazing views available for all apartments.
Gallery Group’s Chief Executive Officer, Adam Barclay said “the Gold Coast continues to prosper with both local buyers and the southern states crying out for premium quality & spacious apartments near the beach designed exclusively for ‘live in’ residents.
Adam said the apartments needed to reach beyond the current offerings in the Gold Coast market, focussed on creating larger apartments with well-designed internal layouts connecting seamlessly to spacious outdoor areas. The result is a building that achieves new heights in terms of internal finishes, maximising view corridors and providing high quality recreational space in different parts of the building.
“We spent a tremendous amount of time with our architect, interior designer and landscape architect making sure we coordinated a unique offering that will exceed expectations in terms of apartment design and expansiveness and quality of private balcony and communal space”.
“At our core we believe quality will always exceed over quantity. It could be argued that the site has been ‘underdeveloped’, such is our commitment to leaving a legacy that all involved will be immensely proud of. This is highlighted in the private balcony and communal open space within CHALK. We have provided more than 3 times the required area within the planning scheme”.
APARTMENT FEATURES – 2 selection schemes
- Large generous sized apartments
- *Timber flooring throughout living areas
- Wool carpet in all bedrooms
- *Stone top kitchen with expansive featured *stone and travertine island bench
- Integrated appliances throughout kitchen
- Feature lighting over island bench
- Butler’s pantry to all apartment
- Shadow-line ceilings through living areas
- Feature lighting throughout
- Feature wall panelling in selected rooms
- Full height tiling to bathrooms
- Free standing bath to master ensuite
- Gas connection on balconies (not all)
“Raunik Design Group Architects task has been to realise a dream. We have sought to blend a combination of Gallery Groups commitment to excellence whilst tapping into the properties natural attributes. We blend a combination of site, architecture, aspect, beauty, breeze, sand and sea to create a truly desirable address. Wrapped up in a modern deco feel to both reminisce and look ahead. The combination of apartments and facilities seek to create and cement the Gold Coast lifestyle.” – Frank Raunik